EXA

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Aug 6 01:07:55 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 21:44 +0200, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> With stock debian/unstable Xserver the xcompmgr -a got boost of x11perf
> -shmput500 from 85fps to 400fps.
>
> With git version from 18th May 2007, I can got about 600 fps using the x11perf
> -shmput500, xcompmgr -a does not impost any boost.

Note that the point wasn't for xcompmgr -a to boost anything - it's not
expected to in general. The point is to compare performance between EXA
and XAA with it or a 'real' compositing manager.

> So, to be honest, I did not try the latest Xserver from git (I have the latest
> xf86-video-intel driver), but EXA runs at 37.5% of XAA in x11perf for me.

... for one specific test, which probably doesn't correspond to the
bottleneck of your desktop. I could similarly pick a test where EXA is
faster and claim that it's 'xx% faster'...