EXA

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Aug 6 01:18:20 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 10:07:55AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > So, to be honest, I did not try the latest Xserver from git (I have the
> > latest xf86-video-intel driver), but EXA runs at 37.5% of XAA in x11perf
> > for me.
>
> ... for one specific test, which probably doesn't correspond to the
> bottleneck of your desktop. I could similarly pick a test where EXA is
> faster and claim that it's 'xx% faster'...

But I guess that switching virtual desktops corresponds to x11perf test. It is
visually slower, mainly when switching from virtual desktop with
gnome-terminals to virtual desktop with maximized firefox...

I could try to profile x11perf test with XAA and EXA. I try to pick latest git
of Xserver (but I had a problem with it, after several switching to VT and
back the Xserver just quits with no error message, so I reverted to stock debian
installation.)

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek