x.org DNS problem?

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Aug 6 04:24:01 PDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:09:49AM +0100, Richard Lamont wrote:
> David Sharp wrote:
> >> ns1.x.org lives inside MIT-NET; traces die at their border router.
> >>
> >> ns2.x.org lives somewhere behind pren-pnw.client.pnw-gigapop.net;
> >> traces die at that point.
> >>
> >> How odd.
> >
> > Is anybody looking in to this?
>
> I can't reach the DNS servers either - I've emailed the 'whois' tech
> contact for the domain.

Yes, looks like a network issue at MIT or a hardware issue (we can't
reach the remote management, either).  Unfortunately, we either can't
get in on weekends, or don't know how to raise the right people, so it's
waiting until Monday morning Eastern time.  (Which I guess is about
nowish.)

Cheers,
Daniel