[avivo] Last commit breaks driver on my system

Nicolas Trangez eikke at eikke.com
Tue Aug 7 07:18:10 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 14:21 +0200, Nicolas Trangez wrote:
> Hija,
>
> After doing a git-pull lately xf86-video-avivo stopped working on my
> system (only got a b0rked screen as result, although I was able to
> switch to console and reboot from there, although I had to do this
> blindly as the screen was garbled).
> I went through my first (minor) git-bisect to figure out which commit
> broke it, turns out to be the last one (for now), e03a0...780001
> ("rework output dpms handling").
I should rephrase this: the screen is not garbled. Instead, it is split
in 4 quarters, each displaying the same thing, at one quarter of the
normal size. I'll try with my external panel detached too...

Opening the TWM menu displays it 4x etc, so rendering does work,
although with a somewhat strange effect. Did avivo gain an in-driver
compositing manager? ;-)

Nicolas