EXA

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Tue Aug 7 11:45:40 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 11:30:46AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> P.S. I still doubt this is the bottleneck of your virtual desktop
> switching, as the numbers you're getting translate to filling the screen
> in just tens of milliseconds.

So, I did profiling of virtual desktop switching.

It has problems at two places.

1) exaCopyDirtyToSys calls exaMemcpyBox which uses plain memcpy instead of
   pixman_blt_mmx. Which is result of initial call to GetImage.

   Btw, is it possible to expose offscreen pixmap to the application so that
   PutImage and GetImage can be safely ignored?

2) I830WaitLpRing consumes too much CPU because of too frequent calls of
   GetTimeInMillis.

   I think that initial approach to optimization could be to call only
   GetTimeInMillis each 1000th iteration or something like that.

   Is it possible to completely avoid busy-loop or chip does not support
   anything else than busy-loop?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek