Compiz Fusion and Xv on the Intel 965GM

nikosapi nikosapi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:04:20 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have a 965GM graphics chipset in my laptop. When using compiz, Xv video is
slow (especially when scaled to fullscreen) and it pegs one core of my
processor at 100%. I'm using EXA acceleration and I set the TripleBuffer
option to true.

I've tried with and without the TripleBuffer option with no avail. When I
don't use EXA acceleration the video won't even show up: mplayer spits
out "X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)"

I tried searching the xorg bug tracker without any luck, is this a known
problem? Or have I just configured something wrong?

thanks again,

nick