patch for xorg-server-1.3.0.0 to build with mesa-7.0.1?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Aug 14 06:53:59 PDT 2007

Hanno Böck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I experience some compiz-glitches when having built xorg-server against mesa
> 6.x and using mesa 7.x.
>
> I wanted to ask if anyone has an appropriate patch for xorg-server-1.3 to
> build with latest mesa. It seems the changes are quite non-trivial compared
> to previous times when I did this.
>
> Beside that, there were often plans to get rid of this in-xorg-mesa, anything
> new from that front?

We build our Xorg xserver 1.3 against mesa 7.0.1 with just the same
patcheset as for 6.5.3:

http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/x11-server/current/SOURCES/

Some of the patches in there that do not mention Mesa are perhaps also
needed (I don't know as I didn't personally do the 7.0.1 upgrade). I do
know it builds with all these patches applied however, so you should
find an answer :)

HTH

Col