Problem while mirroring X

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 07:03:33 PDT 2007

On 8/17/07, Puneet Goel <puneet.maillist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Alex,
>
> Thanks for reply.
>

> > >So I assume you are running an X server on the thin client and you
> > >want the crtc to drive both outputs with the same signal?  If not, I
> > >still don't understand your setup.  You may have to tweak your
> > >modelines a bit so that they will work properly on both output types.
> >
> > You are right. My X is running on thin client. and i want to drive both
> o/p's with same signal. Regarding tweaking Modelines, as of now i created
> modelines using
> http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl tool. Can
> you give me hints on some other way of creating modelines ?

you can use that or tools like gtf or cvt (available in Xorg).
Unfortunately, the bios (and hence vesa) may use a hand tweaked mode
that provides decent output on both heads.  You may have to hand tweak
you mode or find out what modeline the bios is using by dumping the he
registers.  Some one more familiar with the driver in question could
probably provide more details.

Alex