Intel 2.1.1 and HDTV tearing

Abelenda diego.abelenda at epfl.ch
Fri Aug 17 09:42:12 PDT 2007

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:29:35 -0400
Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/17/07, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:

> > > Which intel chip do you have?
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > Sorry about that.
> >
> > It is a GMA X3000, on a G965 chipset, on an intel DG065WH
> > motherboard, using a Prolink ADD-7315-DVI-T ADD2-N card (Chrontel
> > CH7215) with HDMI output.
>
> I don't think the i965 chips have an overlay.
>
> > >   If you have one with an overlay try
> > > using that rather than the texture adapter.
> >
> > How do I know, and how do I do?
>
> see what adapters xvinfo shows.

The truth is that it does the same with my gma950 on a 1280x800 LCD
(laptop) pannel. And with an nvidia Geforce 8600 GT on a dualscreen
giving 3360x1050 (the video is fullscreen on one LCD display 1680x1050).

I get two areas with the gma950 and as far as 3 for the nvidia (using
the nvidia proprietary driver).