merging of ATI driver randr-1.2 work

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:52:00 PDT 2007

Hi,

After talking with Alex we decided that the randr 1.2 for radeon
should be the default working state going forward, we are putting all
our development effort into it and really the old code is an
evolutionary dead end for the core developers.

So to this end I've branched ati-6.7-branch from the current master
with a view to releasing 6.7 from that branch sooner rather than
later, and merged the randr-1.2 branch into ATI master, with a view to
releasing a 6.7.191 pre-release containing randr-1.2 support.

I know ppl will complain about losing zaphod mode, but really we don't
have the developer capacity on this project to deal with the overheads
for zaphod. If someone can find a way to add it back without streaming
crap throughout the driver I'm all ears.

Dave.