Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-ati 6.7.191

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 05:51:43 PDT 2007

On 8/23/07, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <arekm at maven.pl> wrote:
> On Thursday 23 of August 2007, Alex Deucher wrote:
>
> > ATI 6.8 pre-release
> > This is the long awaited radeon driver with randr 1.2 support.
> > radeon 6.7 was pretty much a dead end, so it's been branched for those that
> > still want to play with it.  In addition to randr support there are quite a
> > few other goodies: zero copy tfp, improved connector table parsing, TV-out
> > support, and much more.
>
> Tested it with xserver 1.3.0.0 on thinkpad z60m (radeon mobility x600) and
> there are two problems visible at beginning.
>
> First when I start X server it runs with 1024x768 instead of native (+
> configured) 1680x1050. No idea why it ignores what's in configuration:

The default virtual size in the driver is 1600x1200.  Add a virtual
line to the screen section of your config if you want to use larger
modes.  see line below.  If you want to be able to switch between
single and dual head, you'll need to make the virtual line as big as
you would like your potential desktop to be.  Eventually we'll be able
to dynamically resize, but i's not there quite yet.

                   Virtual 1680 1050   <----------------- add this line
>                 Modes   "1680x1050"
>                 Depth     24
>         EndSubSection
> EndSection
>
> (WW) RADEON(0): Unknown DDCType 6 found
> [...]
> (II) RADEON(0): Output LVDS using initial mode 1024x768
> [...]
> (II) RADEON(0): Valid mode using on-chip RMX: 1680x1050

Looks like it's using a new/unknown i2c line.  Can you send me a copy
of your bios?

As root:
cd /sys/bus/pci/devices/<card_slot_id>
echo 1 > rom
cat rom /tmp/rom
echo 0 > rom

You can find the card's slot id by looking at the output of lspci.

Thanks,

Alex