Scroll Wheel Not Working Microsoft Intellimouse Optical

John Nichel john at kegworks.com
Fri Aug 24 07:24:13 PDT 2007

Hi,

   I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  My old Microsoft
Intellimouse died, and I replaced it with a new one (same model,
buttons, etc).  However, the scroll wheel won't work on the new one
(worked like a charm on the old one).  Setting ZAxisMapping to "4 5" or
"6 7" (after remapping the buttons with xmodmap) in the xorg.conf hasn't
worked.  Using xmodmap also tells me it has 15 buttons instead of 7 (but
where the extra 8 buttons are, I don't know).  When using xev, the only
event it registers for the scroll wheel is when I click down on it, but
not scrolling either way.  Without xev registering scroll events, is
this telling me that the mouse itself is bad, or could it be some other
problem?

--
John C. Nichel IV
System Administrator