xf86-video-ati randr-1.2 branch on PowerBook5,4 with RV350

Paul Collins paul at briny.ondioline.org
Fri Aug 24 17:18:56 PDT 2007

"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/24/07, Paul Collins <paul at briny.ondioline.org> wrote:
>> "Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Are both monitors blank or just the monitor on the VGA port?
>>
>> No problems with the laptop display.  Also, despite what xrandr seems to
>> be saying, the external display is DVI.
>
> Ah, that would explain it.  VGA uses a DAC, DVI uses a TMDS
> controller: different hardware.  Since apples have no connector table
> we hardcode the connectors.  by default I set up LVDS and VGA.
> [snippage]
>
> Add one of the following to the device section of your config:
>
> Internal TMDS
> Option "ConnectorTable" "2,2,2,1,3,0,0,3"

This did the trick, thanks!

Xv doesn't seem to work on the second head, though.  Is this expected?
(Doesn't work as in when I drag the video window over from the internal
display, all I see is what I assume is the overlay key colour.)

--
Paul Collins
Wellington, New Zealand

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood