Intel: Brief blanking of external screen when querying xrandr 1.2

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Sat Aug 25 01:35:24 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

On a Dell Latitude X1 notebook, with an external Dell 2405FPW connected
to the VGA port:

With version 2.1.1-0ubuntu2 of the Intel driver, I get an about 2
seconds blanking of my external screen when I issue just "xrandr".

The same happens when I want to play a video in totem (Ubuntu Gutsy) or
when I start displayconfig-gtk (the new "Screens and Graphics"
preferences in Gutsy).

Note that only the external display is blanked, not the internal.

Why is this happening, and is it avoidable? Should I file a bug report?

Regards,

Andreas