OLPC keyboard definitions - take 9

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Aug 28 13:51:02 PDT 2007

On 08/23/2007 04:36 AM, Sergey Udaltsov wrote:

> The group names for olpc variants would rather be just "country name"
> than "country name - OLPC". This is the common approach for all
> variants used as default by some model (in your case - olpc).

Ok, done.

> I am not excited about 'ur' symbols. There is no such ISO 3166 country
> code, is there? IMNSHO it should go to the files of the countries
> using Urdu.

Err... which would be?  Sorry, I had no part in designing the
Urdu keyboard.

Walter, is there a particular reason why we wanted a separate
file for the urdu symbols?

> The symbols ng(olpc2) and us(olpc2) - they are not advertised neither
> in base.xml nor in the rules anywhere. Could you please explain what's
> the point?

I just forgot to add them.

> Also, they do not have any special group names. May be, we
> should have special olpc-specific XkbOption for
>    key <I219>  { [ ISO_Next_Group, ISO_Prev_Group ] };

I don't know how to implement it.  And anyway we're trying to
avoid olpc-specific code changes in Xorg as much as possible
because we'd like all our changes to eventually end up upstream.

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/