NUM Lock and SCROLL Lock not working

R.L. Horn lists at eastcheap.org
Thu Aug 30 00:14:01 PDT 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Puneet Goel wrote:

> Thanks for the reply and your inputs. I tried with
>
>  Option "XkbRules" "base"
>
> but it doesn't seems to work for me. I am attaching my log also.

The log shows that the server is failing to load an XKB keymap.  Make
certain that the share/X11/xkb directory is populated.  If not, you should
install xkeyboard-config (though it might be easier to install xkbdata,
get things working, and then worry about switching over to
xkeyboard-config).

If the directory is populated, try commenting out everything under the
keyboard "InputDevice" section except the Identifier and Driver lines and
just take the server defaults.  This should work with xkbdata (i.e. the
file "share/X11/xkb/rules/xfree86" exists), or with xkeyboard-config
provided you have the aforementioned Option "XkbRules" "base" line.

xkeyboard-config is at:

   http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig

xkbdata is in the "deprecated" directory of the R7.2 distribution.