Re : [BUG]: Crash with fullscreen Xv

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Fri Aug 31 15:52:03 PDT 2007

On 08/31/2007 01:10:36 PM, manu wrote:
> 	Hi all,
> with latest git (as of yesterday, because more recent ones are giving
> me ABI mismatches all other the place), X will crash when I put xine
> in fullscreen (using Xv) with a 855GM based laptop. Mplayer reads
> correctly the stream with fullscreen but hang the X server when
> trying to stop it.
> I tried with/without framebuffer compression (dunno if my chip
> handles that anyway), with or without tiling, and with XAA and EXA.
> Let me know if something  can be done to debug that further.
> Thx
> Bye
> Manu

OK the ABI mismatches were caused by a bad compile: a lot of modules
did not compile because they could not find pixman.h in
/usr/local/include/xorg because it got placed into
/usr/local/include/pixman/.
Is this a new thing?
Anyway now that I have latest git I get a blank screen instead of gdm
or the gnome desktop.
Let me know if you need more info, they were nothing suspicious in the
log.
Bye
Manu