Request to reconfigure the list with [xorg] in subject line

Luc Verhaegen libv at skynet.be
Wed Dec 5 15:41:14 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 12:36:56AM +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 10:19:33PM +0100, Luc Verhaegen wrote:
> > This would make
> > me personally, with my inbox == TODO list kind of mail handling, much
> > happier.
>
> Renaming all the files to hw_xfree86_common_xf86Xinput.c and similar
> would be very convenient for me, because I don't use directories.
>
> IOW, c'est la vie.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Don't we place xf86 in front of most files living in hw/xfree86/, and
don't we also place xf86 in front of most global symbols in there, and
even in front of a lot of static ones? Don't we have enough namespace
issues already?

I do think the xf86 analogy is slightly more fitting argument for this
situation here.

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.