inject events into a named pipe

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Thu Feb 1 09:27:34 PST 2007

Hello every one,

I've been trying to inject differents events direct to mouse device node
and my first attempt is to create a named pipe (fifo). So I did the
following:

root at mt4:/dev/input# mkfifo fakemouse p
root at mt4:/dev/input# cat mouse0 > fakemouse

and then

root at mt4:~# X -ac :0 &

Fine. The mouse pointer starts at most left-bottom corner. When I move
it to the right or up, it do correctly, but if I move to the left or
down it comes back to the most left-bottom corner of the screen.

My InputDevice in xorg.conf seems like:

Section "InputDevice"
         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
         Driver          "mouse"
         Option          "CorePointer"
         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/fakemouse"
         Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

I'm missing something? Any hints?

regards

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre