inject events into a named pipe

Thu Feb 1 17:43:10 PST 2007

On 02/02/2007, at 09:41 , Jonathan B. wrote:

> I am actually looking to do the same thing (confine the mouse
> pointer to a window -- similar to the behavior of ClipCursor in
> Win32).
>
> In my case, it's because games really need to be able to do that.
> Right now I am doing "make the cursor invisible, draw your own,
> keep warping it to the center of the window, and read the delta
> every frame" but there are a lot of problems with that and it is
> just inappropriate for certain types of games.
>
> Of course, XGrabPointer will constrain the mouse pointer but it is
> way too severe in its other effects.

it's one of the things that annoyed me a while ago. It's not easy to
get delta coordinates from the device (especially if the cursor is
clipped).
I'm _really_ busy till the end of march but after that I might get
around to putting some events in that give you deltas directly. don't
hold me to it though.

Cheers,
   Peter

--