Elo Touch Screen Monitors

Alemao xcarandiru at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:21:36 PST 2007

Hi all,

Im using an Elo Touch monitor and the touch event is recieved by the usb port.

When the PC starts up everything is ok, the problem is that when a
turn off the monitor, the device /dev/elotouch is removed and when i
turn on /dev/elotouch is created again but the touch is not working.
It starts to work only if I restart X.

Is there a way to force X reopen the device /dev/elotouch without
restarting? Like a command line for example....

Im using the drivers provided by the community that can be found at
Elo's website. The ones provided by Elo didnt work (at least for me).

Here are some outputs:

# cat /proc/bus/input/devices

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=04e7 Product=0020 Version=0107
N: Name="Elo TouchSystems, Inc. Elo TouchSystems 2700 IntelliTouch(r) US"
P: Phys=usb-0000:00:1f.2-1/input0
H: Handlers=event2 js0

My udev conf is:

KERNEL="event[0-9]*", SYSFS{product}="Elo *", NAME="elotouch"

And my X conf is:

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier "TouchScreen"
  Driver "elousb"