Display corruption with -intel modesettings

Ross Burton ross at burtonini.com
Mon Feb 12 09:30:55 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm seeing very odd display corruption on my X60 using the -intel driver
from git, modesetting branch.  When I plug in my external TFT (via VGA)
and randr up to the panel's size (1680x1050) turning off the internal
panel (1024x768), I see two half-lines of the image being swapped.  If I
drag a terminal around in the lower-left corner, I can see a single line
of the contents on the mid-right of the display, and the same reversed.

I'm not seeing this on the internal panel, so I'm guessing this is
caused by the size of the screen expanding, i.e. its happening but isn't
visible.

I can also say that this is in the server, as I can take a screenshot of
it: see http://burtonini.com/temp/Screenshot.png.

I've attached my xorg.log.  I'm running Daniel's X packages from git (as
of 9th Feb).
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross at burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross at burtonini.com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./