Intel graphics driver -- thanks!

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Feb 13 02:10:09 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 02:41 -0500, Nick Lidakis wrote:

> May I ask which Intel board and ADD2 card you are using? Have you tried
> S3 suspend-to-ram with that combo?

We actually bought pretty much every ADD2 card we could find; they all
have the same chip on them for DVI output (SiI 1364, iirc). Plus, we
bought a box full of the DG965MQ BTX boards with on-board DVI output.

We've plugged the ADD2 cards into several different machines, with both
945 and 965 graphics engines. I've tried several of these combinations
at 1600x1200, but haven't kept a careful record as it hasn't failed for
quite a while.

If you're finding a persistant problem at higher resolutions, I can look
into incorporating that kind of testing into our regular testing
procedure, but having more precise information about the failure you're
seeing (Xorg log files to capture the register settings and mode used,
and the monitor make and model information) might help identify the
source of trouble.

Part of that normal testing routine is to exercise S3 suspend, and I
haven't heard of any issues there of late. I'll see if I can't get that
testing reported on the intellinuxgraphics.org testing page.

keith.packard at intel.com