855GM, xrandr-1.2, modesetting and BIOS panel size.

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at fi.muni.cz
Tue Feb 13 09:05:39 PST 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 08:56:38AM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> Yes, I was planning on doing that anyway, but with the goal of working
> without a config file, we should have the server deal with the problem
> internally if at all possible.
>
> (btw, this is not related to DDC at all, but the idea is still relevant)

If internal workaround is preferred, then we could possibly use VESA to set
e.g., 640x480 mode on LVDS, grab settings and then continue using direct
programing.

I do not know whether there can exist LFP that does not use constant timing
(from which we can precisely guess native resolutioin) in all graphic modes.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek