Window size and screen resolution

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Sat Feb 17 02:22:19 PST 2007

Hi all,

My first post on this list.
I asked on the gentoo forum, but don't get any answer.

My screen resolution is 1600x1200. Most programs are working just fine with
it, but some program just look too small. Examples: ddd, xmms, nedit. Both
the windows of those programs inclusive the menu and the icons, and the
fonts are to small.

xmms have on option to show it at double size, but not the other programs.
Is it possible to trick such programs and start them at double size or
something like that?