xv brightness/contrast/color/hue with xf86-video-intel modesetting

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Feb 26 20:25:47 PST 2007

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-02-25 at 16:53 +0100, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
>
>> video overlay does not work. Is it planned to be fixed or is it left as
>> obsolete?
>
> It should work, but...

Mplayer lets you specify the Xv port, so I can exercise both the
Textured Video Adapter or the Overlay Adaptor from the command line.
Both work for me. I can set brightness/contrast/saturation with the
Overlay. With textured it reports descriptors for brightness/contrast
but they are not actually implemented (as Keith mentioned).

> It may be possible to frob the various memory management knobs in the
> config file to make this work, or you can wait for memory management
> fixes.

The two it was getting wrong for me were VideoRam and CacheLines, I
worked around it with

   Option        "CacheLines"    "512"
   VideoRam      65536

in Xorg.conf.

I'm still stuck on getting anything other than the 3 generic resolutions.

Does my log

http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/~km/Xorg.0.log.i2c

shed any light?