XInput: Tablet to screen coordinate translation

Tue Feb 27 04:16:51 PST 2007

On 26/02/2007, at 08:27 , Magnus Vigerlöf wrote:

> Hi,
> [...]
>
> So I wonder if anybody could help me and point out where the
> coordinate
> conversion should be made?

GetPointerEvents converts coordinates into xEvents. At this point you
need to know whether the coordinates you pass in are absolute or
relative ones, and they will be clipped accordingly. GPE is called
when your driver calls xf86PostXXXEvent, so the answer to your
question is that conversion from a device-specific coordinate system
into screen coordinates should to be done in the driver.

Didn't quite understand your problem with GIMP though.

Cheers,
   Peter

--
Multi-Pointer X Server