xf86-video-intel LVDS fixes

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Tue Feb 27 16:29:53 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 08:37 +0100, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 of February 2007, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > I've just pushed a change to avoid using the BIOS tables for mode
> > setting on the LVDS in xf86-video-intel whenever possible.  I'm hoping
> > this resolves many of the various LVDS issues reported, automatically,
> > with no configuration necessary.  So, if you've had any trouble with
> > laptop panels with the modesetting branch, please retest with the latest
> > code and update your bug reports.
>
> My friend has acer notebook with:
>
> 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated
> Graphics Device (rev 02)
> 00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics
> Device (rev 02)
>
> and he was testing intel driver from git (week old snapshot and yesterdays
> one).
>
> Description below was seen on yesterdays git.
>
> Resolution with intel driver is set nicely, everything is drawn properly but
> the lcd flickers (almost unnoticeable but very annoying). Also it feels
> slower (mouse, moving windows etc). Any magic options that could change
> behaviour?
>
> Resolution switching using xrandr -s X seems to work, is sees such modes:
> $ xrandr
> SZ:    Pixels          Physical       Refresh
> *0   1280 x 800    ( 332mm x 212mm )  *60
> 1   1024 x 768    ( 332mm x 212mm )   60
> 2    800 x 600    ( 332mm x 212mm )   60
> 3    640 x 480    ( 332mm x 212mm )   60
> Current rotation - normal
> Current reflection - none
> Rotations possible - normal left inverted right
> Reflections possible - none
>
> Log from intel driver from yesterday git:
> http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~arekm/intel/Xorg.0.log
>
> Log from i810 driver  + 855resolution app:
> http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~arekm/intel/Xorg.0.log.old
>
> Used xorg.conf:
> http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~arekm/intel/xorg.conf

Sorry, without a bugzilla entry, I lost your bug report.  Please try
http://people.freedesktop.org/~anholt/i8xx-clocks.diff
and either mail me saying it works, or file a bugzilla for it with log
and note that you were using this patch.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com