答复: how to trace the code of Xorg from the application

Egbert Eich eich at suse.de
Wed Feb 28 12:02:02 PST 2007

LongdaFeng at viatech.com.cn writes:
 > First, thank you very much!
 >
 > In fact, at first I use -g not -g0, but even I use -g flag, the ddd can't debug the XextAddDisplay.
 > I think the libXext.so.6 is a release version, not a debug version.
 > And I check the MAKEFINE in the xc/lib/Xext
 >
 >     CXXDEBUGFLAGS = -O0 -g0 -march=pentium3 -pipe
 >     CDEBUGFLAGS = -O0 -g0 -march=pentium3 -pipe
 >     CCOPTIONS = -ansi -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wundef
 >
 > I wonder why I can't debug the the XextAddDisplay function ??

You need to use a debug version. Released versions don't contain
any debug info.
If your debug library you've built is in the directory path /foo/bar
the easiest way to do this is to do a
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/foo/bar
You can use ldd to check which libs are used. If your binary is
called 'xfoo', just do:
ldd xfoo
in the directory where xfoo lives.

Regards,