i810 how to determine field parity?

Will . nodenet at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 6 10:29:57 PST 2007

Hi

I was wondering when using an interlaced mode what methods are available to
determine the field parity or start of a frame using the i810 driver, are
any registers available for this? (or any prefered methods for doing this)

Is the behaviour consistent across chipsets?

Are there likely to be any problems using these functions from the point of
view of SDVO TV out?

Presumably if I deliver a weaved frame consistently at the start of a frame
(using xv) in accordance with TFF or BFF then the correct fields will be
delivered to the display? or is the oversimplified nonsense?