Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Jan 7 14:05:47 PST 2007

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I'll double check a few more things...

Yeah, double checked and I'd forgotten to rebuild the driver against new
mesa (not sure if it's needed) but it didn't make any odds anyway :(

So I've got Mesa 6.5.2, glproto 1.4.7, and xorg server 7.2 RC3, i810
driver 1.7.3.

Everything built in the correct order. Do you think there is anything
else that should be rebuilt for either the Mesa or for the xserver
itself being updated?

Judging by how many other people also seem to have the issues I still
think there must be some sort of upstream problem.

:(

It appears to not affect nvidia prop. driver users, so perhaps it's just
your users are mostly nvidia ones and the bug actually still exists in
your builds too? (unlikely I guess)

Col.