Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 8 08:48:21 PST 2007

Michel Dänzer wrote:
>>> I presume I will *not* need to rebuild Xorg server or driver or
>>> compiz/beryl as this is just a compile option change?
>> I've rebuilt Mesa with -fno-strict-aliasing, but it didn't help. I guess
>> I'll have to rebuild the Xorg server again too (or at least the GL
>> subfolder), with this option?
>
> No. The xserver build uses it anyway by default, and the fact that
> replacing just libGL makes things work indicates that the problem lies
> most likely in the code or build of that.

So I notice actually! (grep'ed the Makefiles in the GL/ folder!)

Well my Mesa now uses fno-strict-aliasing too as a build flag but it
does not appear to work. Same symptoms as before. Any more ideas?

No specific options are passed to compiz/beryl which has always worked
in the past but even passing specifically --indirect-rendering doesn't
help (I see you mentioned this in the bug report).

Col.