Xorg 1.1.1 + Mesa 6.5.2 = White screens with i810 driver and beryl/compiz

Roland Scheidegger sroland at tungstengraphics.com
Mon Jan 8 14:24:16 PST 2007

Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Otto Solares wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 04:48:21PM +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>>> Well my Mesa now uses fno-strict-aliasing too as a build flag but
>>> it does not appear to work. Same symptoms as before. Any more
>>> ideas?
>> I had exactly the same problem many months ago when Debian Sid
>> doesn't have a recent libdrm and mesa to run beryl in r200 hw with
>> the open source driver.
>>
>> If I remember correctly the problem lies in differences between GLX
>> code in the X server and in the client (libGL).
>>
>> You should rebuild libdrm, glproto, mesa, X server (correctly
>> pointing the X server to the mesa source) taking in consideration
>> the PKG_CONFIG_PATH when building and adding your libdrm and libGL
>> path to /etc/ld.so.conf.
>
> I'm doing all my builds as RPMs so I know there is only ever one
> version there at a time.
>
> I don't think my libdrm needs updating (2.3.0) and I'm pretty sure
> that everything was built in the correct order.
>
> I'm using glproto 1.4.7 but have also tried 1.4.8 (heard it's buggy
> tho'?)
That would be news to me. However, since the protocol number of
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap changed between glproto 1.4.7 and 1.4.8 (as
it was wrong before), I highly doubt this would work with an old glproto
but a new xserver or new mesa (which changed the protocol number at the
same time, 2006-09-14). Shouldn't affect the copy path, however, I guess.

Roland