xorg with sony air shot (wifi)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Wed Jan 10 08:55:30 PST 2007

De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> Hello
>
> We have 3 projectors sony with the air shot technology do you know a way to use them with linux + xorg ? If not, are you planned the support for the air-shot system in a near release of xorg ?
> thanks in advance

Never heard of Air Shot before, but from a quick google, it appears to
use 802.11a/b/g wireless instead of a video cable for connecting the
projector, which would imply that Sony needs to either provide a driver
or a network protocol spec in order to use it (unless someone wants to
try snooping the traffic and reverse engineering it).

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com