MergedFB + 9600 Problem

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Thu Jan 11 02:56:17 PST 2007

no.lan at laposte.net wrote:

> When hitting the numlock key the leds doesn't get update. When i try to
> ping the computer, there is no reponse. And if i launch a ssh remote
> connection before the hang, the ssh connection get terminated. Hitting
> all CTRL-ALT combinaison doesn't do anything. And in the xorg.0.log
> there is no information :

If you're willing to do some tests, it would be good if you could try to
update to a more recent radeon driver. There have been lots of changes
in this driver since X.Org 6.9. So maybe the bug has already been fixed,
and nevertheless I doubt someone is going to investigate it without
first asking you to try the -current code from X.Org.

For that, you have 2 options (at least)

- update to an OpenBSD -current snapshot (without the x* tarballs) and
then install the x*tarballs from the xenocara snaphot available there:
http://xenocara.org/snapshots/i386

- rebuild X.Org 7.2RC3 by yourself on your 4.0 system. The easiest way
is to checkout xenocara from OpenBSD's CVS servers and follow the build
instructions in the README there:

 cvs -q -d anoncvs at anoncvs.openbsd.org:/cvs co -PA xenocara

[Xenocara is the name of the project providing a build infrastructure
for X.Org modular releases on OpenBSD]
--
Matthieu Herrb