i810 mergedfb options present in ati driver not implemented

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 06:12:43 PST 2007

On 1/12/07, emisca <emisca.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to patch the i810 driver to implement these two features
> present in radeon driver:
>        Option "MergedDPI" "string"
>               The  driver  will attempt to figure out an appropriate DPI based
>               on the DDC information and the orientation of the heads when  in
>               merged  framebuffer  mode.  If this value does not suit you, you
>               can manually set the DPI using this option.
>               For example, Option "MergedDPI" "100 100"
>               The default value is undefined.

This is just an override for the DPI calculated by the driver based on
the DDC info (if available).  Be sure to take into account switching
from dualhead to clone mode as the DPI will change when the size of
the FB does.

>        Option "MergedNonRectangular" "boolean"
>               If you are using MergedFB with two  modes  of  different  sizes,
>               turn  this  option  on  to  keep the smaller head from scrolling
>               within the larger virtual desktop and to  keep  the  mouse  from
>               moving into that area.  Applications that are not Xinerama aware
>               can potentially end up stranded in this area.
>               The default value is FALSE.

This should be a pretty straight forward port from the radeon or sis driver.

Alex