VNC on Xorg?

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Wed Jan 17 07:14:17 PST 2007

Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 10:45 +1100, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> [0]: Honestly, my only objection is that the BSDs have a
>>      no-GPL-except-for-gcc-and-friends policy.

The issue is not limited to *BSD. There are other users of X.Org sources
that rely on the MIT-style license.

> Aren't BSDs using GNOME or KDE as their desktop ?

Gnome and KDE (and many other GPL licensed things) are available for
BSD, but they are not part of the base system.

To go back to the original question, the main point is that X.Org should
not include code that would make any future version of the X server, its
main modules, or the X libs switch to GPL.
--
Matthieu Herrb