Building XOrg-6.9.0 - FreeType Error

ahaning at mindspring.com ahaning at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 17 19:24:04 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 03:44:04PM -0200, Tiago Vignatti wrote:
> [1] http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide
Since you posted this link, let me point out one problem that kept me frustrated
for months trying to follow this guide and use the build-from-tarballs.sh
script.

Move the xdriinfo package (and any others that fail early on, except the xorg
server) out of your 7.0/7.1/mixed build tree and plan on building them later.

I'm currently at a point where ld/connect2 is seg faulting building the xorg
server package.

Basically, beware that X.org has been, for some people (me), extraordinarily
more difficult to build than XFree86 was.

--
Andy Haninger