Latest i810 driver

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Sun Jan 21 04:45:14 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 23:29 +0100, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:

> current:xserver, app, lib, proto, drm, mesa from git (default branch)
> current:xf86-video-intel - modesetting branch.
>
> Observations:
> EXA - no more image corruption, good. On the other hand, x11perf -shmput500
>       is about FIVE times slower than XAA.

Wow, I forgot it could be *that* fast. :) The attached patch tweaks it
up to about half the speed of XAA here for 500x500. Not sure this makes
sense in general though, what do you think Eric?

> RANDR - if an application changes resolution and crashes, xrandr -s 0 results in
> 	screen corruption. xrandr -s 1 && xrandr -s 0 fixes the corruption.

Is that with apps that use RandR and/or the VidMode extension to change
resolution?

> DRI - terrible slow (ppracer is unplayable at all), using INTEL_BATCH=1 does
>       not help. (glxinfo:
> 		      name of display: :0.0
> 		      libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x73
> 		      display: :0  screen: 0
> 		      direct rendering: Yes)

Does stderr from

LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose ppracer