All Makefile.in's missing after git_xorg ... ?

Attila Nagy acetyl_salicyl at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 03:09:55 PST 2007

Hi all!
Sorry for being (possibly) lame, but I'm sure I miss
something. If I fetch the source with the git_xorg
script, everything goes fine. However if I (would like
to) build it with the build.sh script, I get the
following errors (see bellow, not very long output...)
I'm almost sure I'm doing something wrong since google
didn't give any relevant hits for me.
...but what?

Thank for the help!

Building util module component macros...
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I /X71/share/aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/local/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy
--no-force
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/local/bin/ginstall -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating xorg-macros.m4
test -z "/X71/share/aclocal" ||
/root/xgit/util/macros/install-sh -d
"/X71/share/aclocal"
 /usr/local/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 'xorgversion.m4'
'/X71/share/aclocal/xorgversion.m4'
 /usr/local/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 'xorg-macros.m4'
'/X71/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4'
Building doc module component xorg-sgml-doctools...
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I /X71/share/aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/local/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy
--no-force
autoreconf: Leaving directory `.'
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/local/bin/ginstall -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific
portions of Makefiles... yes
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/local/bin/ginstall -c
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
test -z "/X71/share/sgml/X11" ||
/root/xgit/doc/xorg-sgml-doctools/install-sh -d
"/X71/share/sgml/X11"
 /usr/local/bin/ginstall -c -m 644 'defs.ent'
'/X71/share/sgml/X11/defs.ent'
Building doc module component xorg-docs...
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal -I /X71/share/aclocal
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/local/bin/autoconf
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy
--no-force
configure.ac:59: required file `hardcopy/Makefile.in'
not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/BDF/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/CTEXT/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/FSProtocol/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/i18n/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/ICCCM/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/ICE/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/man/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/rstart/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/RX/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/saver/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/SM/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/X11/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/Xaw/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/XDMCP/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/Xext/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/xfs/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/Xi/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/XIM/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/XKB/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/XLFD/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/Xmu/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/XPRINT/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/XProtocol/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/Xserver/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/Xt/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/xtrans/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`hardcopy/Xv/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file `man/Makefile.in' not
found
configure.ac:59: required file
`man/general/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file `sgml/Makefile.in' not
found
configure.ac:59: required file `sgml/core/Makefile.in'
not found
configure.ac:59: required file `sgml/ddx/Makefile.in'
not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`sgml/fonts/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`sgml/graphics/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`sgml/input/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`sgml/output/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`sgml/platforms/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`sgml/registry/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:59: required file
`sgml/security/Makefile.in' not found
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1