Standard/best compile options for xorg sources?

Harmuth, Florian fhar at msc-ge.com
Tue Jan 23 23:58:00 PST 2007

Hello all,
now i can compile the xorg 7.1 packages *YeahHa* ;-). Now i have a little size problem. Before 7.1 we have used 6.7 with ca 50-60MB.
At the moment my complete x package have 160MB. I have disabled a few additional applications, but thats not enough.
My biggest problem is the /usr/X11R7/bin directory. Now the size is 65MB under 6.7 i have just 3.9MB.
I have compared the size of the applications and i'm confused that as example the application appres has under 6.7 just 5.5kb and under 7.1 it has 12.2kb.
Is there any trick to make these apps smaller? Or the whole X package? Do i need all the libs?

Regards,
flo