intel driver gets slow as soon as I rotate on a 1920x1200 display

Thomas Glanzmann sithglan at stud.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jul 21 12:38:29 PDT 2007

Hello Keith,

> Yeah, but you may have caught a version that broke acceleration for a
> rotated screen. It's worth a try to switch to EXA acceleration to see
> if this fixes it.

I tried with two xserver (git head and a binary Xorg 7.2). With GIT HEAD
of xorg. For that it corrupts my screen as soon as I type in "xrandr -o
1" you can still see some regions of screen but the rest has ca 0.2 cm
stripes in upper 1/4 of the screen and some below. With the older Xorg
7.2 binary packages and a self compiled
xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.0.0-1.dsc from testing the "xrandr -o 1"
works but does not improve the speed. I also notice that when I say
mplayer to go in fullscreen it no longer goes into fullscreen but only
uses a region of the screen. (I have no clue why) That is mplayer with
xv. But it fills the rest of the screen with a black background so it
does actually know how big the screen is. If you have something for me
to test or debug just raise the word.

	Thomas