EXA

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jul 31 09:30:37 PDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:38:38 +0300, wrote:
> heavy use of antialiased fonts and transparency, however even when I exposed
> the full set of EXA functionality (e.g. always returning TRUE for check
> composite) antialiased font rendering doesn't seem to be passed down to HW.

One problem here that is specific to glyphs is that the server does
not use currently Pixmaps for the glyphs, (instead it uses chunks of
system memory), so no EXA acceleration is possible for the font
rendering.

I'm currently working on a patch to make the server use Pixmaps for
glyph storage which I hope to be able to share soon. Then we'll be
able to see if that helps.

-Carl