G965/SDVO query

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Thu Jun 7 05:26:19 PDT 2007

This is primarily directed at Keith Packard.

I understand from a previous thread that
- The xorg-video-intel driver does not fully handle mode selection through
an SDVO ADD2->DVI adaptor. Specifically it doesn't cope with interlaced
displays.
- The driver is currently the only public documentation on programming the
i965 chipset.

I believe that you're trying to get the full spec authorised for release
and you've offered on list to answer specific questions in the meantime.
So with this in mind:

1. Could you list the SDVO commands needed to perform mode switching?
2. Would modeline switching vary with ADD2 adaptors, or should all
implementations respond to the same SDVO commands?
2. Could you outline roughly the flow of selecting a modeline through SDVO?

I hope these questions are specific enough. My goal is to get a 1920x1080
interlaced output from my Asus P5B VM into a Samsung 42WLT66. I've
confirmed that it outputs correctly at 1920x1080 prograssive, when
attached to another screen.

Many thanks.

Alex Willmer