intel driver will only compile with gcc

Kean Johnston kean at armory.com
Fri Jun 8 10:16:17 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I just tried to compile xf86-video-intel-2.0.0 and it won't compile
with anything except gcc. The problem is the use of the gcc extension
__attribute__((packed)) in many of the header files. Is it intended
that GCC is the only usable compiler, or should the configure script
be checking to see if thats supported and fall back on the much longer
standing "#pragma pack(1)" mechanism In fact shouldn't it even be
using that for gcc? I believe gcc understands #pragma pack just fine.

Kean
--
Deckard: "I don't work here anymore. Give it to Holden. He's good."
Bryant : "I did. He can breathe okay as long as nobody unplugs him."