intel driver suspend/resume failure

Keith Packard keithp at
Fri Jun 8 13:29:40 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 12:25 -0500, James Bottomley wrote:

> The symptoms are that the X server always crashes on resume (log
> attached).  I've tried the various quirk options to pm-suspend but
> nothing seems to work.

As usual, the BIOS leaves the chip in a random state on resume, and the
driver isn't going through and carefully resetting everything.

Can you try using 'vbetool post' between the resume and the switch back
to X to see if that makes it work?

Here's a script I used to use:

# remember current console, switch to spare console
chvt 12
# suspend
echo mem > /sys/power/state
# POST video