Compiling xlis

David Woodfall dave at unrealize.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 10:43:42 PDT 2007

On (10:33 20/06/07), Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> On 6/20/07, David Woodfall <dave at unrealize.co.uk> wrote:
> > I want to compile xlib because of the Gimp bug but I'm having problems
> > locating the sources for 6.9. I keep downloading .PS.gz files which I take
> > it are postscript files.
> >
> > Where can I get the source?
>
> The terminology is a bit confusing here. Xlib is the X protocol
> library, and what you're downloading is the PostScript documentation
> of it. The actual implementation is in the libX11 package. The modular
> versions are here:
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/lib/
>
> But it might be an issue mixing versions if you're using Xorg-6.9. You
> might want to contact your distro about this.

I'm not even sure if xlib is the problem. It seemed to be fine until I
tried compiling the latest gimp when the problem showed. When I downgraded
gimp to the stable version the problem followed. Seems I might have hosed
something on my system but Slackware current has been using xorg 6.9 for
months and this problem has just emerged in the last couple of days. Gimp
mailing list isn't too helpful atm.

Thanks anyway.

> --
> Dan