ANN xterm patches #226, #227
dickey at radix.net
Thu Jun 28 06:05:03 PDT 2007
Patch #227 - 2007/6/27
* exclude the Intel compiler from the extra gcc warning options
added in patch #226.
* modify change for Debian #422521 from patch #226 to work with
configurations where the X server does not recognize the XF86Paste
or SunPaste keysyms (report by Paolo Pumilia).
* fix incorrect free in fix for "Selection" menu entry in patch
Patch #226 - 2007/6/17
* add configure check to use -Wno-unknown-pragmas for Solaris, and a
few other new gcc warning options to address regressions in its
* add sample desktop and icon files, along with configure options
for manipulating them.
* fix an infinite loop when showing a 2-column character in a
1-column screen (Debian #426863).
* add XF86Paste and SunPaste to the default translations (Debian
#422521, patch by Bernhard R Link).
* update wcwidth.c (partly based on/prompted by mailing list
* update/improve keysym2ucs.c based on Unicode 5.0.1d3 and Xorg 7.1
* improve gen-pc-fkeys.pl, making it show all of the building-block
terminfo entries used by xterm.
* correct strings used for modifiers applied to F1-F4 in xterm+pcf1
* improve session management by adding the ICE connection number to
the select call rather than waking up once per second (patch by
* add environment variable $XTERM_LOCALE to help with shell
initialization, e.g., to set a specific locale for xterm on
systems where a global locale is set in the shell startup scripts.
* add resource settings mkSampleSize and mkSamplePass to modify the
mkWidth added in patch #201. In patch #202, xterm would also check
if the system's wcwidth matched its built-in tables "well enough"
to be used when mkWidth was false, and if not would use the
built-in tables anyway. These resources allow the user to
customize the decision (prompted by comments by Emanuele
* modify logic which resets/updates the screensize on the child
process side of the pseudo-terminal to do this only if a
successful handshake was received, e.g., as determined by the
waitForMap resource (prompted by reports by Emanuele Giaquinta and
Bernhard R Link, but see also patch #177 and patch #159.
* improve permissions logic when closing pseudo-terminal (Debian
#12261, patch by Nathanael Nerode, analysis by Richard Braakman).
* add resource highlightReverse which controls whether xterm will
allow selection highlighting to hide reverse-video or use the
older behavior which inverts the foreground and background colors
when selected text with reverse-video attribute (report by Adam M
Costello, comments by Victor Vaile).
* restore a special case for cursor-color in ReverseVideo() lost in
rewrite for patch #224 (report by Adam Sulmicki).
* correct initialization for menu entry for bellIsUrgent (patch by
* correct length of underlining for double-width Xft fonts (report
by Shidai Liu "Leo").
* correct clipping for double-width Xft fonts (report by Shidai Liu
* modify initialization for italicULMode to avoid XftPatternBuild
reusing bold attributes (report by Shidai Liu "Leo").
* add a check in case someone tries to call the popup-menu() action
on a menu which is not initialized (Debian #426364).
* improve CF_IMAKE_CFLAGS to work with Solaris sed (report by Peter
* improve guess for X's manpage section in minstall.sh, (prompted by
comment by Miroslav Lichvar).
* modify minstall.sh to handle manpage patch with more than one dot
(patch by Miroslav Lichvar).
* fix configure message for --disable-setgid option (patch by
* add allowTitleOps resource to allow users to prevent the title-
and icon-names from changing (request by John Bashinski).
* fix "spawn-new-terminal" action, for the case where no parameter
is passed to the action (patch by Daniel Colascione).
* fix error-checking on internal font switching for "Selection" menu
entry (Debian #421523).
* amend select/paste change from patch #225 by limiting it to
non-UTF-8/non-KOI8-R encoding (Debian #420974).
* add workaround for groff ".URL" codes which are not present in
some commonly-used bitmap fonts (Debian #418324).
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg