xf86-video-i810 1.9.91 (on MacBook 2,1 - Core2Duo)

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Sun Mar 11 13:04:05 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Sunday 11 March 2007 20:53:46 Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 14:27 +0100, Rene Rebe wrote:
>
> > Screen 0: minimum 800 x 600, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1600 x 1200
> > default connected 1280x800+0+0 normal (normal left inverted right) 0mm x 0mm
>
> This means that you didn't build the driver with the new server headers;
> it's running int RandR 1.1 compatibility mode, which makes lots of
> things work fairly poorly. 'make install' in the server and then make
> sure the driver is built using those header files.

Yeah - sorry, see the other mail: I failed to notice that the new driver is installed
under the name "intel", sorry my bad. The new drivers runs perfectly. It's
even running fancy-effect Beryl for some hours now without a glitch.

The only thing that happend so far was, that the driver did not came out
of suspend-to-RAM properly. I'll save the error log the next time I try this
again.

Maybe I feel brave enough to take the mini-DVI<->DVI adapter with me into the
office and try the Apple Cinema display on it, tomorrow. With the some months
ago modesetting checkout DVI output was not yet functional for me.

Yours,

  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45