[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 1.9.91 (2.0 RC1)

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Mar 13 15:22:22 PDT 2007

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 16:22 +0100, Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>
>>> You won't be able to get dualhead with your setup with randr 1.2 right
>>> now as the max surface width of your chip is 2048 pixels.
>> This is a limitiation in randr's support of my chip?
>
> No, it's a limit of the chip -- it can't address more than 2048 pixels
> with the 3D accelerator. Working around this is possible, but painful
> with multiple monitors. With a single monitor, it's not possible at all.
>
> The recent i965 chips can address up to 8192 pixels.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but I'm just back from my hols.

Are you/anyone planning on implementing said painful workaround? While I
appreciate the problems, I would be really gutted if I couldn't get a
nice 3D desktop on my laptop when connected to an external monitor for a
large desktop area!! Unf. my lappy has a i915 rather than an i965... :(

Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

Col.